Old 12-11-18, 04:15 PM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
The first paragraph answers. Thanks.

I am normally general manager of a property that grows and harvest cherries. Last picking season, I told four foreigners who were camped with about 10 others to leave because they would consistently to turn up to work for half a day, then depart to the campsite. I told them to leave by the same afternoon, and not to came back at all.

Now it seems the owner has decided none of the picking and processing staff are permitted on any of the property outside allocated day-time attendance. Simplifies thing for management, but is based entirely on insurance costs which really aren't wanted for overnight stayers. Also there is noneed to waste labour time in cleaning the rubbish and mess left behind.

Shame I will miss out the experience season as I still recover from a near fatal workplace series of injuries last March. But the guy acting in my position is fully clued up on it all.

And just an indicator, three of the top five pickers we've had in five seasons arrived on bicycles in my first season there.
Sounds like you had a rough year. Hope everything is getting better for you.