Old 12-12-18, 02:30 AM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by jetboy
I took the front end off and I did identify pretty clearly that it is the upper top tube where it attaches to the lug that is loose. it can pivot about that point. The top tube still seems firm- it is the whole lug that can move. I tried some basic things to try and remove it (pulling hard and rubber hammer) but no luck. I may have to rig up some sort of devise to pull it- its sort of a bad place to get at though- nothing really to grip as one pushes out.
I dont see anyway to inject anything- it needs to come apart.

ill keep you posted.
If you can't get it apart without destroying the bike there are some very thin epoxy resins we used when I worked on boats. They are designed for soft spots on decks where the plywood core has rotted. They set up slow and are thin so they sort of seep into voids. I'll get you the name and source if you have to go that route. If you manage to get it apart there is no doubt in my mind it can be fixed with the right adhesive.