View Single Post
Old 12-13-18, 06:42 AM
Wileyone 

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 606 Times in 403 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi1
I don't share my suggestions to tear down a bike and its owner. I forward my suggestions on how to configure things on bikes from just my knowledge on such that I learned from lots of other people (and confirmed effectiveness on my bikes) who share the love of cycling and bikes through the years.
Running cables on bikes, my mechanical sense tells me that the routing should be as smooth and direct with the most gradual bends and shortest lengths so you get the best response and performance from your brakes. It is just simply that and it definitely makes a difference on all my bikes (that's why I actually prefer the feel of my non aero levered bikes to the aero levered ones). I think that is very useful knowledge shared with fellow C&Vers tor a critical safety component on a bike. Akin to maybe telling a bike owner that their front brake shoe holders are flipped and the pads could shoot out of them unless they flip them, but to a lesser extent of being a "clear and immediate danger".
In the end it is up to the owner how they take our comments and suggestions, whether to consider them for their bikes or not but we should not be so thin skinned and get offended by these. That's how I learned how to build my bikes all these years.
If I was so sensitive about comments in these forums I would be balled up and crying all the time from all the usual comments about C&V CF bonded frame bikes being worthless CF asplosion timebombs on two wheels......
You seem to be taking the OP's post a little too personally. I don't think it was meant to be an accusation on any one person. Just a reminder for "all" of us to use a little more discretion.