View Single Post
Old 12-13-18, 01:35 PM
Harhir

Bikes: Fahrradmanufaktur Trekking Bike, 2 x Lightning Phantom, bikeE AT, Radwagon3

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I think a lot of bike commuters can relate to the feeling of satisfaction from transporting oneself by one's own power. I love it so much that perhaps it's out of proportion. I am extremely proud of myself whenever I cycle somewhere, and oddly, that feeling doesn't fade. I've been bike commuting on and off since 1978! Most of the years in the middle, I did not commute by bike, as I lived in the suburbs and had long distances to travel over hostile roads. I don't know how many years I've bike commuted, but a lot, by any measure.
Same here Tom. When I still lived in Germany I did a lot of commuting by bike. After we moved to the US in 2001 I kind of abandoned it because of lack of infrastructure. I did not really start picking it up again until about 3.5 years ago. Lots has changed in our area in regards to trail infrastructure and I do really feel safe nowadays. I have put more than 7K miles on my bikes in the past 3.5 years and I really love it meanwhile and feel bad and awkward if I have to take the car at some days. I even try to plan my days around the bike from shopping to doctors visits. Rain or shine.