Daily Commute
Ride the Road

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check; hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sbhikes
That's not the point. The point is the way the cyclist responded was wrong. He was a hot-head. He had a bike lane. If he'd used it he wouldn't have had the problem. And if the bike lane is unusable he should take his anger out on the city and get them to make it useable or remove it or whatever it takes to solve the situation. Taking it out on the bus driver was only taking it out on the nearest target and wasn't going to solve anything.
I agree that stopping the bus was hot headed and wrong.

But before that, with the bike lane unusable, what should the cyclist have done? Complaining to the city is not an option in a middle of a commute. I stand by my contention that he should have been in the traffic lane, farther to the left.

Also, you didn't say why you thought the bus driver could not have changed lanes and passed in the left lane. Or, better yet, why the driver should have passed at all if the bus couldn't stay ahead of the cyclist.

Originally Posted by genec
. . .The problem is that many cyclists do this right in front of motorists... therefore we are all to blame. . . .
Your post reminds me of what I call the two Golden Myths of Cycling:
1) No bicycle shall ever slow down a car (bus in this case);
2) No car shall ever slow down a bicycle.

Last edited by Daily Commute; 01-21-06 at 11:35 AM.