Old 12-26-18, 06:17 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2702 Post(s)
Liked 3,266 Times in 1,712 Posts
TT is a good time, much more low-key than mass start racing. No egos/attidues, low energy, everyone is just doing there own thing. At the Fiesta TT series I have literally started 13 year old girls on mountain bikes 30 seconds before state champs decked out with all the latest gear. It's a positive atmosphere and everyone gets cheered for.

I race 1-2 TT's per year as part of multi-day stage races, most notable Valley of the Sun in Southern Arizona. But I'm on my road bike which means that I am not at all in contention for the win of the stage, and therefore the overall. I'm there to race as a teammate and just experience it b/c stage races are a great experience. It's awesome to focus on nothing but bikes for three days with your buddies.

I've tooled around for 10 minutes at a time on TT bikes that belong to friends, and even with regular road kit and helmet those suckers MOVE. Once you turtle your head, drop your shoulders and get up towards threshold, the speed compared to a regular bike is astonishing and quite literally a blast.