View Single Post
Old 12-26-18, 09:30 PM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by masi61

I’ve never introduced any sealant yet. I never got that far. My objective has been to just do the initial mounting of the tubeless tire onto the tubeless rim and see that the bead is all the way on the shelf on both rim sides and beginning to hold air. I’m now at that point. It does hold air for a few minutes. So I guess now I will pump it up to about 90 or 100 (yet again), pull the presta core (again), introduce 60ml of Stan’s sealant, re-insert the presta core, reinflate and then check for leaks and spin wheel to distribute the sealant.

All this his trial and error has been much busier than normal bike maintenance jobs. At least it is the winter and I’m not missing too much choice riding weather.
If the bead is seated, no need to pump up again.Just pull the core and add sealant.Then replace the core,spin the tire and pump. If the tire isn’t fully seated, dont insert the core.Pump the tire up without the core so yo are getting as much air into the tire as quicly as possible. If its holding air with the pump head attached to the stem, you should good to go. Then you just remove the head to let the air out so you can add sealant. Generally its a good idea install the core only after you have gotten the bead to seat both because you get air into the tire more rapidly and it reduces chance you will damage the core.