Old 12-30-18, 02:35 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by frogman
Have problems with my knees. Walking aggravated the problem. MY doctor said that cycling is much better for the knees. Found this is true. Ride every other day and zero knee problems. Plus a lot more fun than walking.
I can't tell you to ignore your doctor, but if I had listened to mine I'd resign to spend the rest of my life as an invalid. Like my mother and father before me I refuse to take that route. The less exercise you get the greater your infirmity will become.

When my knees began to go I increased my exercise, and lo and behold my knees didn't get worse, they got better...a lot better! Sure I still suffer from aches and pains from time to time, but nowhere near as badly as when I just gave up and became sedentary. No machines or walker are anywhere in my near future.

I love walking and always have since I was an early adolescent. I refuse to quietly into the night, and most certainly without a fight to maintain my health. But that's just my own alternate perspective. You do whatever you think is best for you.

Last edited by KraneXL; 01-18-19 at 07:51 AM. Reason: word fix