KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
I hate these threads.

Bikes from a country aren’t all the same because they’re from a country. Bikes and brands are different in different eras. This question is meaningless, and insulting, intentional or not, to those of us who do like many Italian brands.

In short, most of these Japanese bikes are imitations of Italian designs. Often they’re well made, and typically larger production runs. Typically they’re budget alternatives. Comparisons of this country vs. this country are utterly meaningless, and quite silly.

A 200-300 Miyata/Centurion is rarely a racing machine, like the Italians you’re comparing them to. They are slacker geometry, usually more versatile, and likely more practical for many riders - but they are not the precision, agile racing machines a De Rosa is known as.

You can find top end Italian bikes from lesser known builders for far under 1k if you know what you’re doing.

No other bike, Japanese or Italian, rides as well for me as my Marnati.

It’s great that you like your 200-300 miyata...I’ve liked many myself. Why do you have to justify your bike by comparing them to something else?

Last edited by KonAaron Snake; 12-30-18 at 03:21 PM.