Old 12-30-18, 06:27 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Yeah, Monday is my usual off-the-bike-day, and it happens to be NYE, so I have zero issues sitting it out. I averaged 200 miles and 7,800ft per week for the year, so increasing distance by 75% and only bumping elevation by less than 10% for the Festive was nearly as perfectly planned as I could get it. Usually, after the finale ride, I'm ready to just lie down on the floor and sleep until the next year. I feel fine this year post-Festive, for the first time. I finished the Climbing Challenge on the 22nd (so that would be out of my head) and just stuck to the plan of doing laps to knock out the bulk of the miles. Never had to eat out anywhere-- I ate a grand total of one Clif bar on the bike the whole week. Never had to stop for provisions, the only issue I had was the saddle bolts coming loose on Friday and the saddle jangling around. Two minute fix.

Thursday was still awful. I don't think coincidentally, the only day I got anywhere above 2,000ft^. Well, that and the 20mph winds going the wrong way.