Old 01-01-19, 08:50 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by deadzone
If you had to use DT shifters, you would accommodate your shifting style to them and by planning your shifting better and in then end, like the other poster said, your performance would not be much different. I struggle sometimes with my DTs now because I've been using exclusively STI for 20+ years and still use them the majority of the time. But I also remember racing with DTs back in the early 90s (against racers who mostly had upgraded to STI/Ergo by that time) and I had no problems competing and even winning some races.

Also since you like to climb out of the saddle, I hope you are not one of the posters who was arguing with me over the merits of spinning up hills and use of compact cranks. For the majority of riders today who do "spin" up hills, that implies mostly climbing in the saddle with hands in the top of the bars. From this position I must point out, that I find reaching down for DT shifters is easier and more comfortable than reaching out to shift the STI.
I used to be quite adept at using dt shifters. What you're saying is utter nonsense. I know this from experience.

And no, I am not a spinner. I'm very fond of my 53 teeth up front. I just found your put-downs of spinning and spinners obnoxious and arrogant.