View Single Post
Old 01-02-19, 12:06 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
I did some TT work last week, on the trainer. Coffee ride one day. Then after working extra days over Christmas I had five days off. Awesome.

Three of those days were devoted to Dachshund stuff, a day of Earthdog (simulated hunting in tunnels) and two days of Field Trialing (quarry = rabbits). My little doxie rocked it, even though neither of us have a clue. Her first ever field trial and she made the podium- 4th place, which got her 4.25 of the 35 points she needs for a field trial Championship.

I knew we were doing the field trials for awhile but with the pre Christmas rush, I hadn’t read the premiums. Told coach to schedule me an hour of trainer work each morning, thinking I’d do it before I left. Nope, had to be there at 7am which meant leaving home at 5am. And no way could I do a workout after, I didn’t realize that when you’re not running your dog, you’re out there in field, beating brush all day to chase up rabbits for the other dogs. So I had three days off the bike but not exactly rest.

Had not much to do besides ride on Monday and Tuesday but decided I needed to get the missed TT workouts from the weekend done. Headed out to my local TT course and did both weekend’s workouts on Monday. Went well despite having somewhat trashed legs from all the field trial traipsing. Windy, so I specifically wanted to ride the course with a big headwind for one leg.

Today I just wanted to get in a fun ride on the mountain bike but the wind forecast was for 20-30 mph winds, with gusts 40-60 mph. I almost bailed but decided to head into a pair of Canyons which would be sheltered. Glad I did, it was a beautiful morning and a great start to a new year. 10 miles/2000 ft climbing. Tired legs and a TT workout on the trainer tomorrow.