Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26424 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
Originally Posted by billytwosheds
Yeah, it's pretty bad on one side.

I'll either have it powder coated or painted in the near term.

Seems structurally OK though!

Seatpost and stem moved no problem, so I'm not anticipating rust inside the tubes.
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs
About a year and a half ago, maybe two, Andy K scored a mountain of cool bikes and parts and divvied out some bikes. I got a Cinelli and another person got a pink Casati with aero mount shifters, I believe it’s called a Gold Line

Quick search and here’s a thread with some.

Casati Gold Line and Casati in General
...if you do have it repainted, and you want to go the full rebadging route, I'm pretty sure yours is a "Gold Line", and those "Perfection"decals might exhibit some creative license from Cycleart. Anyway, I looked at a lot of pictures of Casati bikes on Google search trying to figure out how to paint mine, and the ones I saw with seat stays and shifters in that style were all badged "Gold Line". The "Perfection" decals seem to have been used on earlier bikes (like mine).

They came in some pretty exotic color schemes. These guys somehow ended up with a bunch of NOS framesets from 1985 that they are selling off, and they have a full listing or the colors and photos of the decals for some frames that are of similar vintage to yours.