Old 01-02-19, 02:48 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
As one currently residing in a higher population area, I find it a luxury and sometimes disbelief feeling being the only one on the outstanding trail systems.

I honestly can't wrap my head around it. Hundreds of millions spent on procuring land, paved, crushed groomed trails, finely built bridges, elaborate tunnels under 'low use' traffic roads. Pick any day or time of the year and - beautiful weather, weekend holidays and I've yet to see any crowd.... perhaps counting a hand full of cyclist.

Nice as that seems I truthfully find it disgusting. Taxpayers NOT using what they've paid for and lawmakers restricting E bikes. Yet the roads are busy most hours of the day, and of course rush hour. (The best cycling hours are 11:00pm to 5:00am.)
I would encourage the law to change and promote use of these networks for commuters or anyone of course, during non snow season.

No way will it replace my spirited riding of MTB or road cycling but I have ridden a few pedal assist. They ARE fun.

I've two neighbors also who converted to hub motor driven. An early atb and the other is a retro cruiser style. They love them.

I'm building my old skool road racer with loads of fun in mind. I don't want an off the shelf e bike but rather a DIY 'sleeper' high performance hotrod, drop bar pedal assist. As I mentioned earlier, one most will hate but will WANT. There's a good chance it'll be used for visiting family or guest who can join me while I do my routine pedal 30 mile loop. No excuse if they call out being out of condition.