WalksOn2Wheels
Vain, But Lacking Talent

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.9 DA 9000, Trek Crockett Pink Frosting w/105 5700

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
We are back home in Houston after our New Year's eatathon in the city of our birth, NOLA. The diet resumes. Actually not a whole lot of damage done. Stayed active while we were there and gorged sensibly.

I will relate that Lilette restaurant on Magazine has become a favorite. A real, old time Frenchy bistro in a very pretty room. Outstanding steak frites based on a hanger steak that has just the perfect amount of texture for a satisfying chew and wonderful flavor.

One thing to like about NOLA is that essentially every restaurant will cork your own wine for you. The cost for corkage ranges from zilch to absurd, but it is usually a good deal. Contrast that to Houston where corkage is unknown except in a very few places that don't have liquor licenses. I think here in Texas it is the law. Either the liquor license or BYOB, but you can't have both. That is really a shame.
I need to remember to hit you up for recommendations if I make it out that way. There is a trade show there in Feb, but I don't think I'm on the list for that one.