View Single Post
Old 01-04-19, 01:04 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
In the normal course of things, I replaced several of my extra blinkies this year. It's getting harder to find decent lights that at least pretend to be weather resistant, so I've got at least one rechargeable blinkie on each commuting bike. I've already found it more of a hassle to take each one off the bike, bring it in, and recharge it weekly, as opposed to tossing a couple new alkalines in every 4-6 weeks. Not looking forward to finding out what really cold weather is going to do to the rechargeables.
I solved this by keeping my bike next to an electrical outlet, then only buying lights that I can leave on the bike while charging.

Pull in on the bike, connect the charging wire, done. Of course having to plug anything in is a slight amount of hassle but I find it's easier on my brain to do it every time than to mentally remember something periodically.

Originally Posted by pdlamb
Of course, my primary dyno lights just keep going, and going, and going...
Yeah mine to. :-) Even better, in the winter with the snow reflecting lights you need less light, so even my older dynamo lights gets me more light than I need. Dynamo's are really ideally suited for winter riding.