View Single Post
Old 01-07-19, 08:58 PM
Alcanbrad

Bikes: '14 CoMo Carrera, '11 CoMo Primera co-pilot, '98 Santana Visa, a Plethora of road bikes, A commuter/Gravel beast (and 1 MTB)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Alcanbrad
Don’t ignore foot pain while pedaling. I started developing a “hot spot” a couple of seasons back when I significantly increased my mileage. Nothing had changed shoe or equipment wise so I chalked it up to the mileage and powered through it. Big mistake, I ended up developing a Hausers neuroma (same as a Morton’s neuroma but between the third and fourth metatarsals). I was able to relieve the pain somewhat by setting the cleats all the back. I am in constant pain and surgery is planned for this coming winter.

So take care of your most important cycling interface and don’t ignore foot pain.

Today was surgery day to remove my neuroma. Picture is of the stoker hopping the future will result in a captain that is pain free (I.e. stronger ��). It had progressed to point that a 30 mile ride was too much pain. I am looking at about 3-6 weeks off the bikeand hopefully it will be worth it. As I said above, don't ignore pains in the body to bike contact points (or any other points for that matter).