Old 01-08-19, 08:49 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,382 Times in 3,669 Posts
Originally Posted by Erzulis Boat
I used some MKS Sylvan pedals, and they worked great. I was going to run some NR pedals, but the races had some dimples and were not totally smooth.

I was actually a little worried that the MKS pedals would die (because of the outrageously reasonable price), but after I fine tuned the preload before installing, they worked awesome. I put on maybe 400? miles before the Eroica, and will use them again without reservation. I also used the steel MKS (NJS) clips and the straps. Very impressed!

The fashion show ends at the base of the first hill, so function before form is the phrase of the day.
MKS will never let you down, the preload from the factory is intentional albeit tight. I have used several new ones in the last few years and all have broken in perfectly with no hint of not easily going the distance, which will be forever. Their price, process, function seems to have changed very little from the first pair I had over 40 yrs ago. Easily one of if not the all time best in the business. They don't make anything you can't rely on.