Old 01-09-19, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
Yamato72's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 105

Bikes: '12 Felt F85, '14 Felt Edict Nine 1, '15 C'dale T1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have BB7s on our Cannondale and I've gotten them dialed in to my satisfaction. The biggest improvement was changing to Jagwire compressionless brake housing with a new cable. Next, I bought a truing fork to straighten the rotor (if you have blips then you have to adjust the caliper out too much to stop the rotor from dragging). Then I cleaned the glazing off the pads with 220 grit sandpaper. Lastly, I cleaned the rotor surface with acetone. The cable and housing fixed most of the sponginess in the brakes, and truing the rotor fixed the rest of it. Cleaning the pads and rotor helps a bit but mostly stops squeaking. We are a nearly 400lb team and I have no braking issues anymore.

Adding a helper spring did not make a difference for me.
And don't grease the housings when you install the cable either. Don't know where I picked up that "tip."

Last edited by Yamato72; 01-09-19 at 12:47 PM. Reason: more info
Yamato72 is offline