Old 01-10-19, 09:17 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
First, only in modern times and with a sufficient development of nutrition science can your vegetarian diet sustain you. Second, your ancestors weren't vegetarians. If they had been, your lineage would not have survived to this point.
Jainism requires all followers to not eat meat. Millions of followers and for thousands of years. That doesnt even get to Buddhism and Hinduism and all the followers of those religions who are also generational vegetarians.

Third, if mankind had developed as vegetarian we would not have had the capacity and mechanisms to digest and absorb animal products.
mankind didnt develp as a vegetarian or as a carnivore. humans can eat both. And as long as the required vitamins, minerals, and nutrients are all fulfilled, our bodies dont inherently crave a certain style of eating.

Fourth, the most basic -- and life sustaining -- of all macronutrients required in our daily diets are fats and proteins. Neither of which are naturally occurring in abundance and easily supplied in sufficient quantities through plant matter.
Well this is simply false. How someone could live on this planet to adulthood and think fats and proteins arent naturally occurring in abundance and easily supplied in suffficient quantity is beyond me.
Peanut butter, soy beans, black eyed peas, lima beans, etc etc etc all have plenty of protein and fat for pro athletes so its also plenty for any weekend warrior office worker.

However, both are in abundance, complete, and easily satisfied through the consumption of basic animal products. If science and reason are ridiculous then I stand guilty as charged.
There is more than 1 way to skin a cat, though if a cat were skinned, i vegans wouldnt really be happy. A strictly plant based diet can provide more than enough fat and protein.

I am not a vegetarian. I am really not even 'meat light'. I like the idea, but lack the discipline. We have vegetarian dinners a couple times a week and thats the extent. I mention this so you dont think I am with 'them' or whatever.
Try to not claim science when making scientifically incorrect comments.