Old 01-10-19, 10:19 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Great project and result.

I attempted "splatter" over a paint job I did a couple years ago, but the result was disappointing. Yours came out a lot better. Might you be able to share a brief description of your technique?
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
Be in 8th grade.

Ha ha- what RT said. I would love to give great insight, but he did it on his own after we painted the frame. I know he took some Krylon spraypaint, sprayed it out into a pool of paint, then dipped a paintbrush in and flicked it around on the frame. Not sure how far away or how thick/thin the paint was on the brush.

Admittedly when he said he was going to do it I thought there would be a chance we may need to sand the frame back down and start over, but the results are great and very much him. Its certainly a unique color scheme and the results are truly 'hand done', but he did an overall good job of spreading out the splatter in distance and direction.

I thought about trying this with one of my kid's bikes that we are going to tear down and repaint soon, but she asked for a specific color, so it may end up I try this splatter with a frame of mine sometime in the next year or so!