Old 01-11-19, 08:42 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Witterings
I'll take a look at HERE, Googlemaps and Mapfactor ... do they all have spoken directions and can you import GPX files ...... others I've heard of but not clear if they spoken directions are OsmAnd, Pocket Earth, Cyclemeter ...... if anybody knows about any of them as well.
Mapfactor DOES import GPX - I've used RWPGS to build a route and navigated with Mapfactor. It is non-intuitive how to do it, so don't forget about this post.

First you need to use the right option when downloading from Ride with GPS. I think it's waypoints only or something like that, having not done it in awhile. Get it to your phone then doubleclick the file, opening in Mapfactor. There is an "import" dialog, just click "import" without changing anything. It's best to have Mapfactor already opened if you use the free version, otherwise it might hang on a blank screen (because it asks if you want to update to the paid version when opening)

If you have the correct format, it will appear in "My Places" under the "MY ROUTES" tab. If it's the wrong format, you'll see it in "My Places" under "Record/Re-Play/Manage" tab and it will load to the map but not navigate. Click on the route under My Routes, then "Load" in that dialog, then the "Navigate" icon on the next screen. If all goes well then it's ready to go at that point. If the route has some off-shoot branches or wrong roads, try checking the "route setup" and make sure the profile is set to "bicycle", and as a last resort go back to RWGPS and set more routing points.

I'm adding all the detail here because I've had to work through this more than once, and these "gotcha's" in the process made me believe at first that it wasn't even supported.

Last edited by wphamilton; 01-11-19 at 08:47 AM.