View Single Post
Old 01-11-19, 10:09 AM
Dave Horne

Bikes: Van Nicholas (Titanium) Deveron, Pinion 18 speed, Gates belt, disc brakes; Brompton - 5 speed Sturmey-Archer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
To be clear, the store, two employees helped me with the order. They did not click on the advice given by Van Nicholas in this instance. (I also didn't click on the frame size advice.)

TBH, it sounds to me like you should have done your homework on the differences in geometry. It even further sounds like you got a bike you don't like even though by the recommends it "should" fit you. In lieu of putting it up for sale and returning to a geometry you are comfortable with, I might suggest you keep working with them to find a fit that works for you.

Reread what I initially wrote. The bike manufacturer's advice is 47 cm frame for an inseam of 65 to 89 cm; 52 cm frame for an inseam of 90 to 99 cm inseam; and a 57 cm frame for an inseam of 100 cm and greater.

My inseam is 81 cm. I'm nowhere near the cutoff point. Yes, I should have done my homework, but in my defense, I'm not in the business of selling or advising bikes. I defer to those with more expertise.

So you special ordered the wrong frame size? Why would it be the responsibility of the shop to buy back your now used bike and sell it? Just sell the current bike on your own and order a new frame in the correct size. Or tear down your current frame and build up the new frame with the same components then sell the frame that is too large.

Either way- it doesnt seem like the shop's responsibility to take back your incorrectly sized bike. You said that money isnt important- just buy a correct bike and sell what you have.

From my point of view, they didn't check the advice from Van Nicholas. I was measured in the store but they didn't plug that information into the site from Van Nicholas.