View Single Post
Old 01-12-19, 03:38 PM
flyingPiggy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rollfast
Ghost bikes are not permanent monuments, and neither are roadside markers/crosses. They are eventually removed. You cannot leave one en perpetua on private and public properties without the approval of the owner(s). Please do not direct anger toward that person, it's uncivil. As connected as you may feel to the deceased, they are no different than any other person.

We all die. Find a positive outlet to express your grief and memorialize the cyclist.

Please close this thread.
I do agree on all the points you have made. I am not even connected to that person any other way than just being a fellow cyclist. Like I said, I agree the ghost bike is not permanent, I mean I agree with you on all points! However, I am not happy that the person removed the memorial which was in public property(city of Richmond) which upon the homeowner's request to remove it, did not remove it. Then the Homeowner while in talk with the family, proceeded to remove it and have the bike in his procession. I mean.. come on that's not right. I admit that I started it all by posting this thread on this forum, I do not want any one getting hurt or not being 'civil'. I will close it. Oops I am newbie here, how do I close the thread? Can I even do it? Should I just remove it?

Many Happy and Safe Miles to You.