View Single Post
Old 01-12-19, 05:27 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7397 Post(s)
Liked 2,572 Times in 1,499 Posts
I haven't been riding much. At the end of December, my wife and I took a nine-day driving trip through Ohio. We had a nice time, but I didn't lift my leg over a bike once, which was sad. We did take some nice walks, though. I've been riding short distances, as the weather has been nasty. Global warming makes me nervous, so it's hard to appreciate it when it's unseasonably warm. Now it got "normal" and it feels really cold, since we're not acclimated. I decided to be like a Minnesotan ("There's no bad weather, only bad clothing") today, and I had a rehearsal to go to, so I bundled up a lot. I wore boots with no cleats and my skiing helmet. Well, it worked. In fact, I didn't need quite that much clothing, but I certainly didn't get cold. It was only about four miles each way, but it was nice, as I crossed the East River into Brooklyn.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.