Old 01-14-19, 03:19 PM
fleslider 

Bikes: 1974 Paramount ~ 1974 Raleigh Pro ~ 1977 Pro-Tour ~ 1978 TX900 ~ IronMan 85,87:E/M,88:M/Pro,89:E ~ 98 Peugeot Festina Replica

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by sdn40
Update:
So I get a message from the wife of the seller asking if I'm still going to purchase the bike today. I respond yes as long as the paint and frame are in good condition. Soon after I receive these pics:

I ask her to call me and I explained very truthfully what my plans were for the bike. With the rust and possible cable guide issues I told her I would not be interested as it would cost much more than the bike is worth to make it right. She asked if I would make an offer and I told her I didn't want to offend her husband who had purchased the bike as a project that never happened. She said she was going to talk to her husband and get back to me with a rock bottom price - if he had one. So that's where we are at. Always amazes me how people won't just be up front and take the appropriate pictures to tell the whole story. markwesti send me $500 - I may need it

What is your take on the rust issues ? At this point it would be powder coat ($120) and new decals or nothing

Those downtube shifter cable stops are pretty cool - I've never seen them before. Anyone know anything about them ?
Thats the only issues, those two spots? a little rust neutralizer and some touch up it would be fine.