Thread: Pannier talk
View Single Post
Old 01-16-19, 06:02 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris!
Anyone ever order from SJS, how long for delivery to the US? I've been mulling over what to get for months and now I cant wait to oogle my new panniers till its warm.
I do not recall how long my orders from SJS took, but it was quick enough that it did not bother me. I was surprised that the bike frame and fork I ordered in 2013 got here as soon as it did. I am guessing in between a week and two weeks. My last SJS order was spring 2017, that order was a bunch of small parts, probably smaller box than a set of panniers.

When I ordered my Rohloff hub from Germany in 2013, triggered credit card fraud alert, twice. Finally I had a person in the fraud dept manually overriding the account while I was placing the order on line to make sure that it went though.

Some credit cards have no currency transaction fees, some have 1 percent fee, but 3 percent is also common. I screwed up when I ordered my Rohloff, I had to pay 3 percent which was roughly $30 since the charge was in Euros, should have used a different card.