Old 01-17-19, 10:49 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old View Post
Circa 2015 GT had a Sensor (and one other) line with rear shocks buried in the frame adjacent to the bottom bracket leaving almost the entire triangle open. Also, Giant has similar, but not as "open" models. I would think you could locate one in SLC.
At this point, I have pretty much given up finding a full suspension bike that will work as a donor. I will be going hardtail. This is also due to my intention to use it as a commuter. full-suspension bikes are hard to get racks to feel solid on.

I have been looking at a bikes direct bike. The Gravity HD Trail 27.5. Why 27.6 instead of 29? Because if they made a 26 I would go with that.
I already have a 48V battery from a different project bike and I haved ordered a TSZD2 to put on it. I like the idea of a torque sensor instead of the rotation sensor in the Ba-Fang.

Eventually, I may order one of the full suspension bike frames that have internal battery storage in the down tube. They also support the new Ba-Fang motor that has the torque sensor. However, right now I need something for commuting before I move too far to walk to work, which is coming soon.