View Single Post
Old 01-18-19, 10:31 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3251 Post(s)
Liked 2,536 Times in 1,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Classiq
I recently picked up this old Lotus frame from eBay and am trying to identify what model it could possibly be. I am leaning toward the theory that it's a 1984 Legend that has been heavily modified with custom braze-on frame elements like the re-routed brake and derailleur cable holders, bike pump peg and extra water bottle mounts. The first letters of the serial number are very indistinct but appear to read "something-H19219" which if the first letter is actually D that would put it right in the middle of a run of 1984 Lotus Legend frames and there isn't any place else in the series of known Lotus production frames serial numbers where a _H19219 would fit the pattern.

I guess you have went to the Vintage lotus site and did the research. The bike should have chrome fork ends and stay ends.

Lotus Legend Bicycle

I have an 84 Lotus Legend Compe. Serial # DH19408 I will post a picture. Sorry to be the bearer of terrible news, but your frame has been wrecked and is bent. You can see the damage in your pictures. Picture #2 shows it plain as day. I would get a refund unless you bought it knowing it was damaged. I have a Miyata 912 with the same damage.

Last edited by seypat; 01-18-19 at 10:44 AM.