View Single Post
Old 01-21-19, 07:29 AM
paulb_in_bkln

Bikes: 1983 Trek 600, 1972 Raleigh Sports Step Thru, 1963 Rudge Sports, 2007 Dahon MuP8, Dahon Speed, Public Mixte 8-speed IGH, mid-70s Peugeot Mixte AW conversion, Riv Platypus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
[QUOTE=arty dave;20756675]
Originally Posted by paulb_in_bkln
Jeebers that sucks - bad design? I'm a fan too, I've been riding the bike I put my B72 on a lot more lately, and it really works for me. I didn't like it at first, but I guess it's now reshaped itself to fit me. I need to punch some holes and lace it as it's starting to flare out a bit.
It does let the two-rail saddle fit a conventional seatpost, but in some way it stresses the B72s thin rails, and they break. Crazy thing? The first time it happened, Brooks replaced the saddle! Even though I told them I'd used the seat sandwich! They warned me the replacement would break if I did the same thing. So what did I do? I did the same thing. And the second one broke, too. (I took my losses with that one.) Brooks made the B68 for awhile, a B72 with single rails (like how they now make the B66 and B67). I intended to buy one eventually. Then Brooks ceased production. Frustrating. I wonder if someone at Brooks would answer the question, if asked why.