View Single Post
Old 01-22-19, 08:36 PM
cormacf

Bikes: 2017 Lynskey Sportive Disc, 2021 Lynskey Pro29, 1977 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 29 Posts
Balance problems

Any suggestions for improving balance? I've been cycling pretty regularly for the past four years. I commute an average of maybe 2500 miles per year, I do three or so centuries per year, and a lot of 30 to 50 milers, so I'm no rando maniac (yet), but I ride a bit.

Except...

Despite multiple fits from some of the best fitters in the business (no, really), and on multiple bikes with different geometry, my balance is crap. Drinking while riding is a feat requiring level ground or a climb, and works best when I ease off the pedals. Reaching into my pocket for grub is pure stress. Forget riding hands free, and when I'm in the drops on any downhill, I feel like I'm going over the front at any minute. Which means a lot of riding the hoods and brakes and hunkering back, MTB style, which is dumb and means everyone I passed on the way up passes me on what should be free coasting.

Again, I've had lots of fits, so it's not that. It's me. Like, I can get to the drops, eater bottle, barend shifter, etc. fine. I just feel like I'm going to fall over.

Any suggestions? Lessons, maybe? Thanks!

Last edited by cormacf; 01-22-19 at 09:43 PM.