Old 01-23-19, 01:43 PM
kingston 
Jedi Master

Bikes: http://stinkston.blogspot.com/p/my-bikes.html

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 313 Posts
I just recently installed my handlebar bag/rack/decaleur (Christmas present to myself) so I can’t report on how well it works IRL. The fit is good, and it seems solid enough in the shop. The Zao only works with a nitto pearl/technomic stem so you wouldn’t be able to use it. You’ll need to find something that works with a threadless stem.

Soma has two randonneur bars, one with an ergo bend and one with a round bend. The ergo bar has a flat spot where the curve is supposed to be on the drop. If you look closely at the side profile shot of both you will see the difference.

I don’t have any bikes with hydraulic brakes, but I have a few motorcycles that are almost 20 years old and the brakes are still fine with regular maintenance, so I wouldn’t worry about it. Even if they do fail on a brevet, it’s really unlikely that both brakes will fail at the same time, and you will be able to finish the ride with one brake. Everything I hate about my mechanical disk brakes, people tell me is solved with hydraulics, so that decision would be a no-brainer for me.