avole
Banned.

Bikes: Brompton, Time, Bianchi, Jan Janssen, Peugeot

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Two/three bikes too many

Basically, the passage to my rear postage stamp of a garden is blocked by three bikes, while the hallway has the Brompton lined up for immediate shopping action. This has been brought to my attention a few times, but it was the crashing noise of three bikes tumbling together caused by my dog that had seen a cat outside and wanted a serious conversation with the it that made me begin to think.

Really, do we need multiple bikes? I have the Bianchi for touring/bad weather use, the Time for fitness road use, the Brompton for the aforementioned shopping, the Brompton clone for guest use, plus the Janssen for easy touring, and the Peugeot because I've never got round to selling it. Only a few years ago I had only one bike, the Trek, which, as a daily bike user, was all that I wanted.

Now, I can justify perhaps two of the bikes, the Brompton because of its portability, and the Bianchi because of its all-round capability, plus it has the best gears for the hills. The Time was bought through a desire to have a top-notch, lightweight road bike and lose lots of weight myself. The others - well, they seemed a good idea at the time. The Peugeot, a startling purple colour, I bought because someone stole the Trek and figured no-one would be interested in stealing such a bike, given its colour and unexciting handling. I had meant to sell it, being rather too stiff for a comfortable ride, but its is descending into giveaway status.

So, what to do? I can't justify so many bikes, two of which simply never get used. Bear in mind that the Peugeot isn't worth much, and the Janssen not much more. Anyone else have the same problem?