burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I rode the Dirty Dozen this past November. It's a classic, though it's a long day, since each group has to re-group at the top of each hill. This time, it also didn't help that it was in the low-40s and raining most of the day. And yeah, Canton Avenue is a real *****.

My big climbing event in 2019 will be the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic, which I have done a couple times before. Always a blast, and Durango is a great place to visit.

I don't imagine I'll ever do it again, but the Mt. Evans Hill Climb is probably the classic climbing event in the Western US.
I did the AOMM ride in 2018. About a total of 11.5k feet and 103mi. I flatted at mile 30, so lost any hope of a peloton pulling me all the way to Bill's Hill. That made for a tough day. None of it is steep, it's just unending. Never ending 4%, 6%, etc....

I know they love the huge depart, but they REALLY need to do a wave start. That huge peloton with folks in it thinking they can roll 30mph in a tight group out of Spartanburg, yuck.

I wish they'd let license holders depart first. Then wave starts by ability with 5 minutes between waves.

I'm pretty sure I flatted because some moron's frame pump came unscrewed and I ran over it (the water bottle holder kind).

I may enter the USAC time trial up the hill in Boone this summer.