View Single Post
Old 02-03-19, 08:52 AM
gster

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1030 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by paulb_in_bkln
Col de la Vie? No experience yet myself but seem like they might have a lively feel without demanding crazy $$. The commuters with multi-layer belts etc for puncture resistance like the Schwalbe Marathon line get expensive. The Rudge I've been riding a lot lately came with some light Kendas similar to original equipment and yet so far no flats, which is startling considering the state of NYC streets and also that on other bikes I've had horrible luck with Kendas. I've been getting away with something.

One thought for my old Trek; maybe have it repaired (top and downtube need replacement) and painted satin black, no decals. OK so it doesn't shout "I'm a vintage Trek!" but it takes the bike to like-new functional condition without OTT spending, maybe.
I've using these tires on my bikes and I quite like them.
Good price @ $18.00/tire
Nice tread pattern
Good ride
No flats (yet)
All black w/small logo
The REAL problem these days is inner tubes that slowly (sometimes quickly) leak air.
I've got original Dunlop tubes from the 50's that are tighter than the new ones.

Last edited by gster; 02-03-19 at 08:56 AM.