View Single Post
Old 02-03-19, 10:59 AM
wsteve464

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mCharlie View Post
I would like to go for external routing because I want to make a rinko bike of my actual bike.
External routing allow you to remove handlebars without untighten rear brake cable.
Any other solution is welcome.

I do travel and often take train or small cars with friends of mine.
If you have a budget of $1000-1200 you could convert to Shimano Di2, one wire to disconnect the handlebars from the derailleurs. Use SW-R600 Remote Climbing Shifters instead of brifters. Look for a set of Sram hydro disc levers with the inline coupler to disconnect the brake lines near the handle bars, this is found on factory installs and occasionally comes up on ebay. The coupler seals when taken apart and from my understanding is good for 7 or so disconnects before a bleeding is needed. Shimano has couplers but they do not seal. I don't know if the sram hose will fit a shimano hydro brake assy. Unfortunately the female part of the coupler is not available retail.

There are rumors of other companies making after market couplers but so far I am unaware of one in production.

Just another solution

Good luck with the conversion.

After a quick google search Sram may have come out with the couplerSRAM HYDRAULIC BRAKE HOSE WITH Connectamajig Connector 1350mm

Last edited by wsteve464; 02-03-19 at 11:08 AM.