View Single Post
Old 02-06-19, 12:55 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
saguaro national park-east side 9 mile loop was magical. did it in mixed rain, mist, clouds and sun. no wind tho and i'm okay with that.
had i more time, woulda ridden that loop 2-4 times as is was technical in places and challenging in others. hit it on the monday morn after super bowl sunday
and dealt with exactly one car on one go around the 9 mile circuit. it's a must-do if you're in the area and it's not 95+ degrees.

brought the rain with me from san diego. wanted to do mt. graham and the weather was perfect just before my arrival and less than perfect during my entire
stay and beyond. the mountain was shrouded in clouds the entire 2.5 days i was there. next time.

managed to hit a small part of the loop, downtown and both sides of gates pass. the loop was a joy. dtown and 4th avenue was fun and funky and gates pass
on the se side (from old tucson) was short and scenic but challenging (and a decent workout from the tucson side). descending both sides of gates pass was
less than enjoyable, however, as the pavé was a far from perfect to put it mildly. anklam rd (connecting gates pass rd and starr pass rd) was (too) short and sweet tho.

didn't get to hit 3-4 other rides i wanted to do (only had 5 hrs total to ride/transport) so another visit during better weather is in the long-range plans.