Old 02-09-19, 05:52 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Key - issue
Originally Posted by teomoto
...You must take your keys with you, while everything else is not necessary this time (cellphone, food, etc), but you don't want to have your keys on your pockets (or you don't have pockets, like in my case!).

Question: What do you do with your keys/key chain???
Counterpoint: What’s worse, forgetting your keys, or losing them en route?

I posted to this thread, "
Keys fell out of saddle bag" :
Originally Posted by waterfish_21
Hello all.

So the other day I lost my keys! My bontrager saddle bag developed a rip in the zipper. I was not careful upon putting my keys/wallet/ and tools inside it and after my 30 mile loop when I got home my keys were missing. My wallet and bike allens where still in there (barely hanging on!)

Has this happened to anyone else? And are there any other ways to secure these items inside a saddle bag. I ride with my headphones on 60-90% of the time so I didn't hear the keys falling off, not sure if I would of anyways.
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I'm still emotionally scarred from the time I lost my keys in 1989, so I feel your pain. The last 5 saddlebags I have owned have a clip for keys
Originally Posted by TenSpeedV2
Ditch the headphones. It is fun to listen to music, but riding is not the place to do it. You would have heard them hit the ground I would imagine, or bounce off your tire at least.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Did we really need the headphone discussion on this thread? Would the OP have heard his wallet drop too without headphones, say over the sounds of traffic and wind noise?

This thread for me reinforces my “pre-ride" and “post stop" checklists to make sure all my bags and pockets are zippered shut.