Old 02-12-19, 08:57 AM
avole
Banned.

Bikes: Brompton, Time, Bianchi, Jan Janssen, Peugeot

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I don't remember dancing with you, Gibsonsean, but, since you seem on first name terms with the Helix designer, and are an eternal optimist, you did seem to be the person to ask. The recent figures I've seen - there was a topic about this not long ago - indicated the traditional bike market, including folding bikes, was shrinking (not collapsing, by the way, that's you reading things into it what others have said), and several similar comments were made elsewhere, and that's why I asked. The big winners at present anyway, are the e-bikes, and presumably those ghastly two wheeled platform things. Your clearly is information is different.

That's why I asked what you thought. I didn't really need those positive publicity style comments you make, though they were not unexpected, just a sober assessment I could derive from them. A question for you, however, exactly what are those unique features again that you, and the Helix website, are fond of quoting? I only skimmed through the site, life being to short to do otherwise, and found perhaps some innovation, but not much more.

Your last paragraph makes interesting reading, by the way - you clearly know more about bicycle and Helix design than many of us do I have to say I don't find it an attractive bike, but that might be because of the designer preferring practicality over all.

As I've repeated often, I hope the Helix does do well. Any new bike is welcome in my view, folding or otherwise, though, to be honest, bikes are not going to save the planet.