View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 02:50 PM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by sykerocker
An interesting post. Somehow, over whatever happened at Rivendell for the couple of years I was away from this site, and the present day's writing, I'm getting the feeling that Rivendell is slowly reaching the end of its natural lifespan. As in, they're sating what market there is for the kind of product they produce...
Unfortunately, in the progression of things, the situation changes. And in Rivendell's case, I think they're starting to run out of customers. Should the fateful day come, I'll sniff, feel a moment of sadness . . . . . . . . and turn back to the workbench where I'll be working on the next Rossin.
I agree with your "natural lifespan" comment. I've purchased parts from Riv in the past, and even bought a gift card that I didn't use. Situations and markets do change. If your company does not have the will or capital to meet the challenge, you will eventually become a victim of change. I am afraid Riv is at that point.