Old 02-14-19, 10:31 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
I was car lite for several years before I just recently got rid of the car. Give yourself plenty of time to figure things out; it's not a race. I actually do my Costco runs on my bike with a Burley Travoy - but then it's only 6 miles to Costco so no big deal if I can't carry all in one trip. I can carry my 40 lb bag of dog food on the Travoy, along with TP and smaller stuff in the top bag, using their strap system. Won't work for a big family, though. A flat bed trailer would probably work best for someone with a big family; you can stack on top and use tie downs or a huge cargo net. If you haven't yet checked it out, go look at the Bike Friday Haul - a - day. Full function in an easier to park and store package. Electric options as well. Plus, the frame is adjustable so it can be ridden by any adult and even most kids!!! https://www.bikefriday.com/folding-b...day-cargo-bike You can carry anything on the HAD that you can on a Surly and there are different packages for rear carge or different age kids.

Last edited by linberl; 02-14-19 at 10:38 AM.