BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11975 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Originally Posted by jade408
I’m starting to think it was targeted. My bike was decked with dynamo lights and an internal hub. Not sure what other bikes were stolen but I noticed the fancy dutch bike with the IGH and rear light was missing the rear wheel. The bikes with flattires were not taken.

I’ve been locking my bike there for almost 4 years. It is a low trafficed staircase where I was the only person who used it with any regularity. I did not use dual u locks since my wheels and other components had pinheads.

I didn’t examine the railing closely. I also used less caution locking up in my building due trusting my neighbors and the low visibility parking spot.

Recently the mailroom key was stolen. I wonder if the front door key was compromised too. This alley between the buildings required both the front door key and knowledge of its existsnce. The only other regular usees of the space were construction crews fow anyone doing renovation.

So upon further thought it is looking suspicious.
Have you checked with the super to see if he knows anything?