Old 02-17-19, 04:09 PM
MooGroc

Bikes: Kona Rove NDB, Greenzone 16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenning
As I said in my first post if you spend the money you are stuck with it. It would be like buying a car before driving it. If doesn't fit right it is probably at least without expense not going to get better. There are several other dealers in NYC that sell folding bikes. Give us details of yourself. Height. weight, inseam, fitness level, age, mechanical abilities and so on. Me I collect folders and own a bunch of different ones. I would also go with a 20 inch tire size (406) wheel. I am not in love with Dahons and would not pressure you to that brand and am only using this picture as an example. I bought this last June for $50 at a bicycle show in IL. Roger
I will continue to watch CL but don't have high hopes of finding what I want. I think your car analogy is a good one. I'm pretty
sure any new car these days would be would be fine for simple missions. I'm betting (hoping) the same goes for new folders.

I'm 6', 170lbs and very fit. I'm also able to fix and mod a bike.

Because fold size is critical to me and because I read in this forum that 16" wheels are a perfectly reasonable
option, I'm planning on sticking them that size.

But I'm open to other options.