86az135i
Banned.

Bikes: 1996 Cannondale R900, 2016 Trek Boone, 2005 Giant Yukon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle
You forgot guns and climate change. C'mon!

You do realize what your "policies in place" are here, right? It's called "living as part of a civilized society". Public services - hospitals, schools, fire & police depts. Running water, electricity. Roads. And yes, "government regulations". Yet your contempt for all that is clear. Libertarian-utopian BS.
Gun homicide in US ~ 10k/year. Doesn't even make a dent to people's own lifestyle choices. But looks like you just chose to skim over the topics I presented. But hey, it's fine if we kill ourselves in self indulgence. But be damned if you didn't wear a helmet.

Libertarian =/= anarchist. Just because we have some half-successful tax-payer funded programs doesn't mean the government is always the solution. Also I wouldn't lump hospitals, water, or electricity in those. While they may receive some subsidies here and there, they are in large private entities in the US.

Also you should note, somebody not wearing a helmet should have a greater chance of not hurting the tax payer funded road when their soft head hits it.

But please if you have some actual real evidence, some actual statistics about the trillions of dollars saved from the maybe 50-100 people saved annually (US) by wearing helmets...let me know. There is no substantial argument to mandate helmets. I've yet to see it.