View Single Post
Old 02-20-19, 03:50 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by CameronF
Hi, I found myself reading this post and the mention of Cannon Beach caught my eye, and even more so Rock Crusher. I spend half my life up in all of these roads either running and since July on my Trek DS2. Bottom end of the DS range, but it does a great job on these rock logging roads. Yes I could have got a lot better spec bike, but at $650 if I totally trash it on these roads its not a huge loss. I'm really happy with this bike and have a rear rack and fenders on it and carry a lot of stuff when I go on my crazy long tours on these roads, I've also get a radio ham license so i carry something that works where phones don't. Its so easy to spend six hours or more up there exploring and wildlife watching etc.
My DS2 does a great job up there and my climbing time on the strava segments is surprisingly competitive, not what I expected! I like the front forks with the suspension and the hardtail seems to find its way through the rocks just fine. Its pretty easy to get above 30mph on the descents... probably not the safest way to go but a LOT of fun!

I know this is an old post, but was interesting reading all the same.
Might bump into some of you on the trails some time. Happy riding everyone.

Cheers, Cameron.
Welcome to the Old and Not-So-Slow forum! Glad you posted here first. We have a few trail riders among us, some that need a bit of sense

Here is my trail and singletrack warrior, the 97 Trek 7000. Not trendy but very light (22# range).