View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 09:31 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 1,986 Times in 569 Posts
Originally Posted by eatontkd
Well guys, I had my appointment with my neurologist today. I am not, NOT a candidate for the surgical procedure for my heart. Both he and the cardiologist agree that the main issue is the plaque in my posterior arteries. They are near 50% closed. Nothing can be done surgically so it's a regime of meds for me. I'm bummed for sure. I'm not convinced that the medication regime will take care of everything. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm trying to put a positive front out there for my wife...

Wow .. that sucks! Waited all that long for that! I presume they still believe you still have the hole in your heart, but that it isn't large enough to be a problem? Can you get a second opinion, or does the fact that cardio and neuro both agree qualify as a second opinion?

I'd want to know why they think the plaque is the "main problem." For example ... Is the place in your brain where the stroke occurred somewhere that that a clot or other obstruction was more likely to have originated in the posterior artery instead of bypassing your lungs?