non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked 4,613 Times in 1,765 Posts
Originally Posted by palangu
This is really a beautiful and good quality vintage bicycle. Caloi is a Brazilian bicycle brand that was founded in 1889 by an Italian immigrant named Luigi Caloi. The difficulty of importing pieces in the time of the Second War caused Caloi to begin its national production. In 1945, the first factory of Caloi was inaugurated, in the district of Brooklin, São Paulo. Possibly the first bicycle factory in Brazil. Caloi 10 is an iconic bicycle of the brand that still in production today. The production of this model and variations with steel frames began in 1972 and lasted for 25 years. During this time the following models were produced: Caloi 10 Standart, Caloi DEZ, Caloi Sportíssima, Caloi 18 Titanium, Caloi Sprint, Caloi 10 Racer, Caloi 10 Professional, Caloi 15, Caloi Sprint RT, Caloi 10 Concorde, Caloi 10 Triathlon, Caloi 12 , Caloi 12 Super Italy, Villa Caloi and finally Caloi Eddy Merckx.
The Caloi 10 (Standart) was produced between 1972 and 1977 with the following configuration: Sunshine aluminum hubs without quick release, Ukairim rims, aluminum dia-Compe stem and brakes, chrome-plated Sugino cranks, Suntour derailleurs (Spirit in front/ Honor in rear), KKT pedals, Maeda Industries Japan ratchet, all made in Japan. Chrome plated steel handlebar, seat post, and saddle Caloi.
Caloi 10 Racer is almost the same as Caloi 10 standard, but with different names and graphics. I can see in your photo that the rear derailleur is a Suntour GT and there is probably some other minor differences in each series. They were produced in the early 1970s, being exported to the USA under the name MUNDO CYCLES and distributed by West Coast Cycle Supply Co. Although there is also MUNDO bicycles brands from Germany and Japan that I was able to find in some google research. It´s a great joy for me to find that here.
Thanks for that. As a former Brooklin inhabitant (Rua Michigan ) I really appreciate it.