View Single Post
Old 02-22-19, 02:19 PM
palangu
dilettante

Bikes: Two 80īs Monarks, one fixed-gear and one three speed, plus a eletric assisted bakfeist.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
I've had two Caloi, both aluminum. One was completely polished, and had a Shimano 1055 STI group on it. The components clashed mightily with the polished frame (carbon fork). I don't even remember what I did with it, likely gave it away.

The second was also aluminum, also carbon fork, and was blue and black, I think. It was on CL for $125 or so, and it had 2x8 Shimano RSX, with the blue lettering. I bought it for the wheels and group and gave the frame away.

I do remember those frames, as a bike shop pointed out the "toothpaste" welds, and that was the first time I'd heard that description and actually realized what it meant.

No idea they had steel frames. I used to ride with a Brazilian in NC, and he rode Bianchi and Pinarello carbons. We discussed Canopus a couple of times, and I'd love to have a nice one of those.
"No idea they had steel frames" Well, @RobbieTunes, they do not have anymore. At least not for the roadie bicycles. The old lugged steel frames bicycle were now very collectible.