Sempiternal Newb

Bikes: '92 Trek 750, '85 Univega Gran Turismo, '95 Stumpjumper,

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by palangu
Hi @tiredhands,
I know it is a very late response but I can't help myself as I got very curious about that Caloi bicycles sold in the USA. Do you still have the frame? I think the bike that uses this frame is a called Caloi Comp. It seems to me that the frame is the same as this at Fixed Gear Gallery :: Jayson Eduardo's Brazilian Fixie (Caloi) , the same color, and the same bad finished thoopaste welds mentioned by @RobbieTunes. The original components are listed at https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/sear....aspx?id=76236 . The fork might have been replaced as the original should have been of composite material.
That particular frame was a Caloi Pro, only because there was a Pro sticker on it. I actually just recently sold it to someone who bought it because they were Brazilian. For what it's worth, it had a Ringling Bikes in Bradenton, FL shop sticker.

The only other Caloi like that I've seen was in a bike junkyard near me. It was a similar frame in yellow and polished aluminum with Claris or some other entry-level groupset. If I ever get time to go down there again I'll see if it's still hanging in their shack.