View Single Post
Old 02-23-19, 02:21 PM
Gibsonsean

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
Do you think it's because he "over built" the tubing? I have to say while I put the titanium parts on my BF for weight reasons, I actually discovered how amazing it is at reducing road vibration and absorbing bumps, more than steel. If I'd had that experience already, I would have done it for that reason alone, weight saving being the bonus. If the Helix is a super ride, do you think buyers will go for it and plan on doing their own weight reduction after (as is pretty common these days)?
He bought the tubing at the outset and has engineered for durability throighout. As someone highlighted before the frames etc withstood double the duration of testing require to pass and tests usually completed with separate individual samples were passed with a single sample. I think he grossly overshot on the safety front and it is too late to pare back the weight.

He needs to clear the backlogband start earning new money. I'd be suprised if the full retail bike doesn't show some weight savings by the time the backlog is cleared.